First national day - HIV positive health - A salon for people living with HIV and for health workers.
The number of people living with HIV in Belgium was estimated at 19,123 in 2018, of which 41% would be older than 50*. What lies behind these figures, how do these people experience it? The treatment makes it possible that the viral value is no longer detectable and that sexual relations no longer transmit the virus without any protection. But HIV has an effect on all aspects of life: on sexual and physical health, of course, but also mentally, sexually, socially... without mentioning the hidden or explicit discrimination that comes on top of the psychological pressure that is still there today if you are declared HIV positive.
This first national HIV day aims to provide a space for meeting and a national bilingual dialogue on positive integral health. We want to answer the following questions:
As a seropositive person/health worker...
- How to improve the relationship with the disease so that you can experience HIV with a better quality of life ?
- Which services would you like to be able to enjoy?
- Are there other subjects than the treatment you would like to talk about with your doctor/patient?
- Do you need help with your approach (administrative, legal, medical...)? Could it be simpler?
- What is the priority today to live better with HIV?
- How can health professionals and patient associations contribute to this?
- How to ultimately make seropositivity in this society more dicarious?
After all those months signed by COVID-19, this day will also be a moment for more health professionals and their seropositive patients.
The day is organized by Utopia-Bxl, Ex æquo en l'Observatoire du sida et des sexualités (Université Saint-Louis). Information firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accessibility for people with reduced mobility: This year, we are setting up a system of "buddies" for people who would like to be accompanied by a volunteer, more information on http://rainbowhouse.be/en/projet/pride-festival-2/.
Disclaimer COVID19: All PrideFestival activities are still subject to change. All changes will be communicated on the Facebook events, as well as on the RainbowHouse website.
Photos and videos
T. +32 2 503 59 90
Date and time
Saturday, September 26, 2020 from 2:00 PM to 3:30 PM